eve-olution

Skip to content

  • ...the question is not 'why' but 'why not?'

Main Menu

Welcome to evesdropping...

My name is Tracey Carr, and I run eve-olution and Gender IQ to advance women in business. My blog is an insider's view of the lives of working women, including my own, revealing the top secrets to success.

Tuesday 27 January 2009

Gratitude

Some of you may remember that before Xmas myself and my three children joined forces with other volunteers and packed 750 food hampers and delivered them across London to disadvantaged families.

Contribution makes us grateful for who we are and what we've got. I wanted to share the note below as a special reminder to you all that helping others brings us all so much.

If the credit crunch is getting you down - get out and do some good work!

''Dear Gingerbread I want to wish you Happy X-mas and a Happy new year. I want to thank you for the food you sent us for Xmas, IT WAS A TRUE GOD SEND!We had no idea that we even stood a chance of winning anything!I only receive £40.78 income support because of an over payment in 1999 and £43.00 child benefit for 3 children even though I have 4. I don't get child tax credit because I got an overpayment when I was working for 10yrs. So I only receive about £80.00 a week , I've had to send one of my children part-time to his dads because I can't afford to look all 4 of my children. I was sitting in my front-room thinking how was £40.00 going to buy us all Christmas food and drinks. I couldn't even afford to buy x-mas presents for my children. There was a knock at the door and a man and woman handed my daughter a hamper of food. I broke down in tears and prayed to God saying Thank You. I had £40.00 in my purse! I paid £10.00 on my gas and spent the £30.00 on soft drinks and pudding and 4 new pj's for my children. We was in shock but soooooooo greatfull. I will be back in employment next 2009 I pray to God!But I hope next year I too can return the gift that was given to me in my time of need to someone else. Once again all I want to say is Thank You Gingerbread and all your team that support your group. Thank you from me and my children Happy New Year.xxxxx

posted by Tracey Carr at

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

My Photo
Name:
Location: Guildford

International Professional Speaker, Peak Performance Coach. Tracey has a passion for advancing women in the workplace. Tracey ran her first Seminar for Women Leaders in 2001 and has helped thousands of women around the world with their careers, dreams and aspirations. Working with hundreds of FTSE 100 and Fortune 500 companies who are keen to advance women in enterprise, Tracey's seminars and initiatives have been enthusiastically received on 3 continents. She continues to push for radical change in corporations and backs up her respected and sometimes controversial opinions with her ongoing research. Tracey is currently writing a book that will address gender, power, and politics for women in the workplace and at home. Tracey is available for key-note talks, conferences and forums.

Powered by Blogger
Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]